How I wear my Dungarees...

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم


Asalaam Walaykom everyone, happy Sunday! It is a beautiful day in Cape Town today so I hope you all are having a blast, send me a snap of what you're doing today.   

As you have probably notice from the title I am going to talk about overalls/dungarees. This specific clothing item can be a little tricky to wear because your whole backside is on display, and growing up as a Muslim girl the first thing your mom would check was "but does it cover your bum?" haha if so you can buy it. So clearly you can see why I never really went with the overall 'hype'. However I got one for my birthday which I completely fell in love with and realized wait, the aim of this blog is to show my sisters of Islam how to take these westernized tools and turn it into your own.

Getting to my point, it is actually really simple, you just need a really over sized overalls/dungaree, so it sits on you like a boyfriend jeans and a long shirt or jersey to tie around your waist. 

The first look was taken at my birthday party, that's why I'm holding balloons. I know this is super late but shukran again to everyone who came and made my day special even if it meant stuffing our faces with cake and playing hide and see. haha

Outfit no. 1


Bandana : Guava Cape, (kiosk in the Waterfront)
Dungaree : Truworths 
Sneakers : Mr Price

Outfit no. 2


Shirt : Mr Price
Dungaree & Boots : Truworths

Instagram: @southernhijaabian

Snapchat : laaiqah_isaacs

Twitter : @southernhijaabi

Email : southernhijaabian@gmail.com


Until next time,
Laaiqah

Comments

  1. Love the look! Reminds me of Ascia AKF :)

    I was also a little sceptical when I got mine - but it's so comfy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Lady Affair

Hijaabi goes..."Gangster"

Cherry Blossom Couture