Inner Queen : Dark Gem

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم


Hello everyone, I know I've been really quiet on my blog, so that is why I wanted to bring you a special post. To be honest I literally took these pictures in four hours easily, but what took me so long to post this is the actual meaning behind them and what they are suppose to represent.

As a young, muslim women there is a certain standard you hold for yourself and sometimes people can assume many things about you that aren't even close to the truth. Sometimes this can have a terrible impact on you because what those people forget is that you are already fighting your own "demons" and them adding on does not help in anyway.

Since you can not control other people it is only vital that you learn to accept yourself just the way you are, so if someone does play on one of your weaknesses you will simply roll it off your shoulder because you have self love.

The reason why I chose to call this series "Inner queen" is because a queen is powerful and strong, someone who stands proudly and believes in herself. She also believes in her ability to rule, so be the ruler of your own life.

So...now you are probably thinking, "Really Laaiqah? I came here for a cool fashion post." well don't you worry, I promise you are going to love these outfits even more now after I explain.

Dark Gem

This is inspired by your "Dark side" and no, I am not talking about your love for Star Wars. 

The side of you that you kind of wish wasn't there but it is probably the side that keeps you human. It is the side were all our jealously, anger and hatred lies. The only thing you need to ask yourself about this side is, "how often do I embrace this side". We can not change the way we feel about something, but we can sure choose how we react.

I chose black because I feel like this is a  dull and deep colour, besides have you ever seen a evil queen dressed in pink? I think not. 

The reason why I decided to include white and not just black alone is because I wanted it to represent that every "dark side" has it brighter days. Representing that there can be harmony.




Stay tune for part 2...

Photo Credit: Nuha Adams 

Instagram: @southernhijaabian
Snapchat: laaiqah_isaacs
Twitter: @southernhijaabi
Facebook: Southern Hijaabian

Email: southernhijaabian@gmail.com

Until next time,
Laaiqah






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Lady Affair

Hijaabi goes..."Gangster"

Cherry Blossom Couture