Al Azhar Fashion Show and Meeting Bloggers

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم


Hello everyone. I seriously have to apologize about how late this post is, I can not tell you how many times I've actually tried to write this post. The reason for this big delay is that my finals are actually 'in motion' and well it's obviously been my main focus. So I ask that you please bare with me on the really slow posts.

As you all probably know by now, on the 16 May 2015  a group of young inspiring teenage girls from Al Azhar High School hosted a fashion show at The Venue( yes that was the name of the actual venue). They chose me to be their Mc for the day, I have never done something like that in my life. In fact the last time I could remember speaking in front of a lot of people was when I had to read a poem in front of my whole class a few years ago, this is something that probably always made me freeze up. Alhamdulilah I can say I have rather out grown that fear, the audience was so laid back and kind to my 'dry' Islamic humor. I definitely felt comfortable and welcomed, so I thank you.

The girls, Ayesha Boomgaard, Ulfah Richards, Naa-ilah Behardien, Laila Ebrahim, Mahmooda Martin, Fadwah Arnold did such an amazing job, everything was absolutely beautiful, from the little roses on everyone's seat to the fairy lights hanging by the curtains. I definitely saw a whole other side to a fashion show then just being glamours and effortless. I think everyone behind the scenes will have a lot of stories to tell about the nervous , the excitement and most importantly, the stress. Alhamduliah it was a success and they achieved their goal. I also got to meet a whole lot of new people which was so exciting, I do however have to say sorry If I ever seemed to be in a rush, I had a few messages to deliver and had to help out where I could. 

If you want to see a little vlog on the fashion show go ahead and check out my friend Aqeelah Hendrickse on Youtube, she managed to capture a beautiful, heart warming poem written and recited by Kaamilah Cornelius. As well as uplifting nasheed by the Al Azhar nasheed girls. So go subscribe to her channel and give her video a like.

On to my outfit. I wore my Black heels and black leather tights. Then I have a crushed, flowy white dress and over that is a cream lace 'crop top'. Lastly I have a purple kimono, throw over, a black scarf around my neck to match my heels and a cream,pink, black and turquoise  colored scarf for my turban. 

Shukran for everyone who came to support and once again shukran to the fashion show team hosts for the amazing opportunity, I am truly grateful. 



Until next time,
xxx
Laaiqah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Lady Affair

Hijaabi goes..."Gangster"

Cherry Blossom Couture