Eid 2015

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم



Hello everyone. I must apologize for my absence, as you all know I officially decided to come out of my little cave and rejoin society. I simply just need to form a stable routine and then I will try to post weekly Insha'Allah.

I am just going to talk briefly about my outfit of the day. I think it is safe to say I was completely inspired by the tv series Reign, if it does not ring a bell, I highly recommend it. Queen Mary of Scotland always has these breathe taking exotic gowns that seems modern yet still has that Victorian Era 'feel' to it. This is exactly what I wanted to achieve with my outfit. I had no specific design in mind but, when I went material shopping with my mom and picked up the fabrics I knew exactly what I wanted. 

The texture of the material allowed my skirt to 'stand out' kind of like a princess and with the same material I made a corset, my top underneath my corset is this shiny crushed material, it has a really high neck and these long, fancy sleeves. Since it is still winter here in Cape Town a coat is essential and what is a 'royal' without her cape. Then my shoes are just a pair of wedged boots, which you can't even see so yes.

I guess my end result is a combination of a day in the castle along with a ride threw the woods (hence the cape).

I hope you all had a blessed Eid with your family and friends.




Photo Credits : Nuha Adams
Instagram : @southernhijaabian
Snapchat : laaiqah_isaacs
Twitter : @southernhijaabi

Until next time,
Laaiqah
xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Lady Affair

Hijaabi goes..."Gangster"

Cherry Blossom Couture