Winter Is Coming...

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم




"Brace yourself, winter is coming." _Ned Stark

Sorry I simply could not resist, I just had to quote that and beware I will probably be saying that until it's officially June and winter is here. 

In honor of my favorite season of the year, I decided to start it on a high note by combining my love for fashion and Game of thrones, yes you are reading right. I absolutely love every piece of clothing they wear. I wanted to take a hijaabi twist on it, which was not really that challenging because giving the era most of the characters are covered head to toe. 

So who did I chose?...

Jon Snow of course. The reason for this is because, since he is always in the cold, snowy lands this makes him our perfect target for winter. Besides who doesn't want to be a man of the knights watch. (I don't do spoilers)

Do you want to know the best part about this outfit? 

The only thing I had to buy was my leather leggings and since that can be found in every teenage clothing shop you don't even have a problem. 

Okay so let me start from the bottom. I am wearing black army inspired boots, Jon's boots are thicker and higher than mine so feel free to go for something longer, perhaps a knee high boot but, I just took what I had in my wardrobe already.

Black leather leggings (as I mentioned)this is basically to give us a armor look and add more texture to our all black ensemble. If you want to represent Jon's look more, a baggy black jeans will do just fine.

Then I have a corset and underneath a black jersey for warmth and a black, short, pencil skirt. The corset is basically representing our armor and this is just my more feminine touch on it besides if adds a little more colour. If you do not own a corset simply throw on a leather jacket or a black shirt, both of these things will look similar to Jon Snow's look.

To represent his 'cape' I actually just threw an abayah over my shoulder, pull the sleeves in and there it is, your own Jon Snow cape even though his is much thicker but, I think we came pretty close.

To top it off we have the famous fur strip around my neck, a pair of leather black gloves and since he has black hair and sticking with the all black that is what my turban is about. If you want to add more little details you can take two black leather belts (from your dad or husband, I don't know) and tie it around your shoulders. 

In the first picture of this post all I did was take off the abayah and put on a fur jacket to make the look more wearable and to recreate his old 'lighter fur' look.

I know this post is super long but I had this idea for the longest time and Alhamdulilah I am so happy about the way it turned out, I was just too excited to share this with you all! Please let me know what you all think because I would absolutely love to do another Game of thrones inspired look. 



Leggings : Factorie

Jersey : Edgars 
Necklace: Lovisa
Corset : Made by my cousin
Pencil Skirt : Made by my granny

Photo credits: Nuha Adams

Instagram: @southernhijaabian

Snapchat: laaiqah_isaacs 


Until next time,
Laaiqah
xoxo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Lady Affair

Hijaabi goes..."Gangster"

Cherry Blossom Couture