Thoughts on Unwinding and Indian Inspired Fashion

 بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم



Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you all had a fun and exciting weekend and to those who had school holidays I hope you had the chance to recharge your batteries.

We all deserve a break, whether it is a night away at some luxurious hotel, a week away on a road trip with your closes friends or even if it's as simple as spending some time at home watching movies and pampering yourself. Life can get so busy sometimes we forget to take in what really matters, sounds cliche right? but it is true. As teenagers or should I say young adults we get too caught up in our own thing and forget how important the little things really are, like making your mom a cup of tea or building oddly shaped Lego cars with your baby brother. I definitely speak to myself first when I say we should all put in a little more effort when it comes to family ties. 

Wow this is what you get when you decided to write so early in the morning with no distractions but just the sweet hum of birds singing.

Alhamdulilah during the week my family and I took a mini vacation to this absolutely stunning farm house in Ysterfontien. We've been to this farm house before so I knew I just had to bring along a "fancy" outfit to do a photo shoot.

I do not really currently have Indian family members but I sure do have it in my blood. My great grandmother was a Indian beauty who roamed around in exotic beaded sarees. India is definitely a place I would like to visit one day Insha'Allah.

Right, okay if you are still with me and have not just scrolled down to the pictures already I have to thank you and here comes the "fashion" part.    

For this look I took my jacket that I designed for a Eid a few years back, which is still my favorite and thing I am most proud of. I paired it with a black tights and black long top. I wanted to keep this look rather wearable and not too busy so I threw on three different scarves. One in black, one in cream (which has sliver sequins on it)  and the last one is a soft net teal one. Then lastly I decided to do no shoes because who has time when you running around trees, dancing and I might have forgotten to bring a nice pair. Oops!

P.S If you are using your phone and the pictures are blur it is because they are rather "large" and higher quality, click on it and open in a new tab. Shukran














Photo credit : Nuha Adams

Instagram : @southernhijaabian
Snapchat : Laaiqah_isaacs
Twitter : @southernhijaabi


Love, 
Laaiqah


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Lady Affair

Hijaabi goes..."Gangster"

Cherry Blossom Couture