Meetings and Islamia College Fashion Show

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم


Hello everyone. As promised here is my second post for the week. This is from last week Friday, 8th May. Two things occurred this night. I had a meeting with the fabulous girls from Al Azhar High School regarding their fashion show this Saturday on the 16th May. The second thing was the Islamia Girls college's fashion show, which was so lively and refreshing. Since I was late due to the meeting I did not  manage to take a bunch of pictures but I will leave a little information where you can find the designers I enjoyed and have a look for yourself.

Meeting:  

We basically had a run through of what is going to happen for the day. One thing I need to mention is since the theme is 'masked in hijaab' everyone must come dressed more on the formal side. Now do not let that word scare you, all they mean is, it is your time to look all fancy and glamours with your mask on. If you stuck on what to wear just go ahead and grab your last year Eid clothes or the last thing you wore to a wedding. See no need to panic, I know us girls biggest issue is always 'what am I going to wear?"





The Fashion Show:

It is always inspiring going to a fashion show, especially an Islamic one. It's truly nice to see how many people are creating new ways to still look modest and beautiful. For along time people always thought hijaab will make them look 'dull' or 'boring' and I think that has changed a lot. The hall was huge and completely packed with girls cheering on their friends and both young and old women looking for something new to add to their closet.

As for the designers I saw a lot of stunning yet flowy pieces. There was a few shiny, sparkly, beautiful dresses and some really simple yet classic pieces everyone needs in their closet. Each designer had their unique twist on the modesty of a muslimah. 





Designers :

Facebook : The Infiniti Collection
                   Clothing Serenity

Website: www.threadzclothing.co.za

Instagram : @crystalbowtique

Sorry if this 'information' is all over the place, I am basically saying what shows on their business cards. Just in case you wondering this is not in any way 'sponsored', haha but I think that was obvious enough.


Back to me: 

Leggings : Factorie
Jacket : Zara
Stripe top and pencil skirt : designed by me 

Instagram : @southernhijaabian
Snapchat : laaiqah_isaacs

Until next time
Laaiqah 
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Lady Affair

Hijaabi goes..."Gangster"

Cherry Blossom Couture