Comic Book Convention and The Walking Dead

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم


Hello everyone! I hope we all had a fantastic weekend and a pleasant Mothers Day. I must say shopping for my mom is a challenge every year because her birthday is on the 28 April, yes two weeks before mothers day, on the bright side she gets showered with gifts right. Just remember that mothers day is everyday, okay.

This is oddly enough not a Mothers Day post but the one I owe you all since Friday, yes Friday. I apologize for this being so late because I had a little issue with my laptop, but Alhamdulilah everything is sorted out now. To make it up to you I have two posts for you all. This one and another one on Tuesday Insha'Allah. 

On the 2nd May there was a free comic book convention held at Stadium on Main in Claremont. My cousins and I decided the night before that we all really want to go. Since this was clearly a last minute thing we did not arrange any costumes to go in. Honestly I was so disappointed we did not plan better, because there were some really amazing cosplay. I seriously felt my inner geek come out as we met such a lot of people. Everyone was just super cool and friendly. I love how when we asked for a picture they would be like 'yeah, no problem' then as soon as the camera comes out they went into full pose, action mode. There was also a live band and a bunch of little stalls selling the coolest comic themed items. 

I will definitely be going next year Insha'Allah and will be better prepared. On to my outfit. I combined my love for army jackets and The Walking Dead (best series ever!). What screams 'zombie slayer' more than a army jacket. All I needed was a army vest and a gun, but of course we going for a everyday look. So I grabbed some jeans (the one I wear too much) and a pair of brown studded boots, threw on a turban and tadah. You are really to take down some 'walkers'. (TWD fans will understand)










Photo Credit : Fadiyah Rabin
Jacket : vintageloverct (instagram)
Jeans : Mr Price
Shirt : Mr Price
Boots : Shadow 

Instagram : @southernhijaabian
Snapchat : laaiqah_isaacs

Until next time
Laaiqah

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Lady Affair

Hijaabi goes..."Gangster"

Cherry Blossom Couture